If you have a small or awkwardly shaped kitchen, you likely understand the woes of not having enough storage space. Here at McMillan Millwork & Joinery, we want to help provide you with solutions. There are several ways you can improve the use of space with our custom kitchen cabinetry.
- Tall, slender cabinets – If you have a narrow space that is going unused, we can add a long, slender cabinet. Many people love having a drawer like this next to their stove to store spices. Another idea is using a space like this to keep your cutting boards, cooling racks, or flat pans.
- Under-the-stair cabinets – If you have stairs in or near your kitchen that lead to an upper level, this is a great space that can be utilized for wide, deep drawers. Consider utilizing these cabinets to store lesser-used items such as holiday dishes or linens like tablecloths and placemats.
- Up-to-the-ceiling storage – The space above your cabinets can be maximized by adding smaller cabinet spaces above the traditional hanging cabinets. You could also utilize this space with custom-built shelves to store some of your more attractive and lesser-used dishes.
- Down-to-the-floor storage – The toe-kick space below your cabinets is a perfect spot for adding additional kitchen cabinetry to store kitchen towels, shallow trays, or other flat equipment.
- Slide-out cutting boards – Just above the drawers where you plan to keep your knives or flatware, you can add a pullout cutting board, creating a convenient carving station.
At McMillan Millwork & Joinery, we can help you design kitchen cabinetry that employs all the available space you need. Call us today for a free consultation.